Pre-Treatment Instructions for Laser Hair Removal
August 21, 2019Aesthetic Medicine
4 weeks before
- Do not wax, tweeze, bleach, or use hair removal creams or electrolysis on treatment area. These activities can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure. If unavoidable, use minimum SPF 30.
1-2 weeks before
- Discontinue tanning (includes beds, self-tanning creams and sprays)
24 hours before
- Shave treatment area
Day of treatment
- Remove any lotions, make-up and deodorants prior to treatment
- Wear loose fitting clothing that will leave the treatment area exposed and easily accessible for treatment. Tight or rough clothing may cause you to feel uncomfortable if the skin becomes sensitive after treatment.
- You may feel a slight pricking or stinging. Some people compare the feeling to a rubber band snapping onto the skin. For your comfort, a topical numbing cream is available for purchase. You must arrive 30 minutes prior to treatment time in order for it to be applied and to take effect.
You can see about laser types and other frequently asked questions here: https://www.cliniquedermatologie.com/laser-hair-removal-by-candela-ndyag-in-lahore/